Friday, 23 January 2009

Water

Today's prompt on HSMSHS is 'Water', and as I had the day off, I had a little time on my hands to do something creative.

This was the most interesting shot, but as the light wasn't brill I had to increase the ISO setting in order to get a reasonably quick shutter speed. With very little colour in the end result, I converted it to mono in Photoshop, added a brown tint and as there was grain in the shot anyway, boosted the noise levels a bit more too.

Water: a close up of a dripping tapWater(c) Iain Houghton
f2.8, 1/160s, 60mm lens, ISO1600

6 comments:

pining said...

what a great shot :-)
mine is here

canadacole said...

Nice capture! Love that drip!

anita said...

loving the grain here!!!
anita
x

Igotmebabe said...

Great shot, love the focus on the drop :)
Janette

Mand said...

I love this shot, there's something about the shape of the drip that has just been captured so well. xox

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!!